Growing Up Update

So I have been planning to graduate this upcoming May (2012) but Wichita State has decided to change the graduation requirements for my major, which has added 10 hours needed for me to graduate, which now means I am aiming for graduation in May of 2012 now. It makes me super mad to have to add another two semesters to my schooling, but there is no point of over working myself and trying to take a ton of hours just to fit graduation in this May. So keep you fingers crossed this new plan works out and I can finally become a college graduate.

Mandy, my best friend is almost 5 months pregnant and it is so crazy to be apart of this journey with her. I can only image how I am going to be whenever Payden and I do decide to start a family. Mandy is dealing with this whole thing really well considering it wasn't a planned event. I am so excited to see if the baby is a boy or a girl and to finally be able to meet the little one! So much is going on and it is so strange to think that I am at a time in my life where my friends are married (like I myself am, which is weird all on it's own), having kids, starting their own companies and getting big kid jobs. I still don't think that I am at that age to be so grown up but really we all are, and it is hard to look in the mirror and see myself in that manner no matter what changes are going on in my life.

My health has been all over the place these last few months. There has been some serious swelling to my lower legs, ankles and feet and it has really been worrying me. My doctor has put me on some thyroid medication and a new diet plan to see if that helps. I have to go back in a month to check up on how things are going. My biggest concern is to get my swelling down because it is really painful toward the end of every day and has really put a damper on what I can and can't do at the moment. Not to mention it really isn't that good for my self esteem to not be able to fit in my pants and shoes normally. I will hopefully get better with all of this the doctor has put me on and take it from there but please keep me in you thoughts as we try and figure out what is going on and what the next step will be.

Married life is wonderful. I love being married to my best friend and have finally gotten everything changed over to my new name. I get my new insurance started at the first of the year so my doctors and all of that will finally have my name change as well but it is so nice to be Mrs. Hamilton. Our first holiday season as husband and wife have been going really well and I am so excited for Christmas this upcoming weekend and to see everyone.

Life is pretty normal for me at the moment minus the health issues. It is finally slowing down a little now that the semester is over but I can only really enjoy that for a few more weeks since the next semester starts back up in the middle of January. Until then though I am going to try and enjoy my free time the best that I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade NuWay Burgers

Family Hand-Me-Downs

Wyatt’s 2nd Birthday!