Homemade NuWay Burgers

Growing up in Wichita, Kansas my husband has always known about the 'crumply burgers' at NuWay. I on the other hand had never heard of such a thing and never had the nerve to try the restaurant chain that I had never heard of. Yet since we have been dating since high school he eventually got me to try it and I have loved them ever since.

When we moved out on our own I wanted to try and save money and figured I could make the 'crumply burgers' myself. After some trial and error I have come up with a recipe that works perfectly for us.

A friend asked me to share the recipe, remember that I am not a chef though so there are no real measurements for the recipe but more of a "do what you feel is right".

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound of hamburger meat (or more depending on how many you are serving)
  • mustard
  • dill pickles
  • white onion (we only use a little bit, but we always have onions on hand in our place so we take what we need each time)
  • hamburger buns
  • sliced cheese (if you want to have cheese on the burger)
Directions: 
  • brown the ground hamburger meat and season the way you choose (we always use garlic powder and Mrs. Dash seasoning) (PSA: Mrs. Dash is awesome, I swear we have every flavor of her seasonings)
  • as meat is browning, use a hand chopper (we have a kitchen aid one that we love). Slice the chosen amount of onion and chop until your liking--throw into browning meat
  • we use smaller pickles but you can use one big dill pickle (like what you would get a sports game)--again we have played around and experimented with different types of pickles so find what you like best--chop the pickles until in tiny pieces using the hand chopper. Then throw into the meat
  • Last add mustard into meat mixture and mix it all up until you feel it is good. Our meat mixture always turns a greenish tint---looks weird but taste wonderful. We just taste the mixture and add more mustard if we feel the need. 
Once everything is mixed you just put the meat mixture on a hamburger bun and add whatever toppings you'd like--we only add sliced cheese but I'm sure you can add others. 

PSA: I recommend eating with a fork, even though it is on a bun it is called a crumply burger for a reason and can get quite messy. 

Enjoy, I hope this helps. Remember I am not a chef by any means and I am the typical "trial by error" cook in our household so this has been a learning experience for me. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyatt’s 2nd Birthday!

Family Hand-Me-Downs