Looking Back at 2014

Our 2014 was really a great year! 

Wichita State started off the year with an amazing basketball season; I of course attended all the home games. It was so crazy to watch a season where Wichita State won all their games, ending the season with a record of 31-0 before the Arch Madness MVC tournament (where they had the number 1 seed in that tournament). 

We took up our photographer on her offer to do a mini session in the snow in the start of February and we couldn’t be happier with the way they turned out. It was so much fun and the pictures were so beautiful. We are so glad that we did them. 

I attended the Lady Antebellum concert with my friend Kayla on February 14th. Kayla happens to be my concert buddy and one of my best friends. The concert was so much fun! Kasey Musgraves and Kip Moore opened up for Lady Antebellum and it was such a fun way to spend my Valentine’s Day night! 

I got into a car accident on President’s day and although my car had some major damage our experience with insurance companies and the body shop went so smoothly and my car was fixed quickly with no cost to us. I did really like my rental though, so I wouldn’t had minded having a few more days with that.

Wichita State got a number 1 seed in the MVC tournament “Arch Madness” at the start of March. A few coworkers and I made the spontaneous decision to drive to St. Louis Saturday night to witness the Championship game on Sunday and it was the best decision ever! Wichita State ended up winning the Arch Madness tournament and continued their winning streak making their record 34-0 going into Selection Sunday. The one day trip was a ton of fun and it was amazing to be able to continue to watch Wichita State make history this year! 

Dannielle and I helped Rusty Eck Ford host a mini concert for an upcoming country artist (that Bobby Bones introduced to the two of us months before on his morning show). It was such a great concert and it was amazing to get to meet and spend time with American Young and we are excited to see how their first album does and were so proud to be one of their first sets of fans! 

I attended the baby shower of my sorority little Annie in March (on Selection Sunday actually). It was a fun day celebrating and preparing for her little boy Paxton Michael. 

Wichita State got a number 1 seed in the NCAA March Madness tournament! Their first game was on March 21st against Cal Poly. I went and watched the game with the group of friends from work at our favorite place AJ’s. Wichita State won the game against Cal Poly with the score 64 to 37. This game made it the 35th win in a row with no losses for Wichita State, meaning they made history again: first NCAA team to ever go 35-0 in one season. The second game of the tournament was against Kentucky on the 23rd. Again I watch the game at AJ’s. 

Dannielle and I were campaign managers for Larry Provo’s campaign for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Man of the Year; which is a ten week campaign that is filled with events and raffles to raise as much money as you can for the organization. Throughout the ten week campaign there was a lot of meetings, a lot of events and a lot of stress but it was all for a good cause and we had so much fun doing it. And at the end of it all, all of the work was totally worth it! LARRY WON!

Payden wanted to attend the book signing of Robert Gates at the end of March and he had a great time. I was bored out of my mind but he had a good time so that is the point. 

Payden started the interview process to be hired onto Koch Industries as a security personal and the interviews went great and he was offered the job!!! Payden started his “big kid job” this year and I couldn’t be more excited and proud of his hard work! Payden started his new job on April 28th!!

Kelsey Klaver had her bachelorette party a month before her wedding and I was in attendance. It was such a great time celebrating such a great person and we were all excited for her wedding!

Kayla and I went to the Jaime Lynn Spears and Alan Jackson concert together on May 1st and had a great time! So fun seeing one of the signers we grew up listening too! Not to mention it was a great way to start off our “summer”.

I had the honor of being invited to watch Tannen as him parents Mandy and Sean dedicated him to their church. I am so lucky to have that little family in my life and to have Mandy want me to be an auntie to that adorable little boy! 

Our beloved Mitsubishi Galant was t-boned while we were driving home from his parent’s house and was totaled out. So we had to say goodbye to the first car that we bought together and had to get a new car. We decided to get a BRAND NEW car and got a 2014 Ford Fusion!! Which we both love! 

Our friends Kelsey (one of the bridesmaids in our wedding) and Dan FINALLY got married on May 17th in a beautiful wedding and reception. We were so happy to attend and share that special moment with them. 

I put in my two weeks at Rusty Eck Ford and starting my new job at Davis Moore: Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram in the middle of June!! The new job was different and a learning experience but was such a perfect decision for our lives and I so love the new job!

In September we all found out that Mandy was pregnant with her second child! I am so excited to be Auntie Ams for another child in that little family! I am so excited for my best friend and her little family!

We celebrated our third wedding anniversary, a total of eight years together. People still say they were so surprised when we got together because it was nothing that anyone ever expected from me: he was the total opposite of all the other boys I had ever been interested in. But Payden came to me at the most perfect time in my life, when I felt like everything around me was getting to be too much, I was realizing that I wasn’t happy always doing what was expected and I was just playing the role I thought I needed to play.  Payden was one of the most refreshing and wonderful things that could ever have happened to me and after about a month of getting to know each other, I fell head over heels.

For our anniversary trip we went on a weekday trip to Branson, MO; and we had so much fun! We love that little town. We did so many things that we didn’t get to do the first time around and had such a great time hanging out and spending some time together. Vacations together are always the best and are such great memories!

At the end of October, Mandy announced that their second baby is A LITTLE GIRL! I can’t wait to meet Tarynn Mae Kennedy in March!!

Our family friend (and one of my coworkers) Tim and Kelci announced in October that they were expecting their first child! So that’s another little baby in our lives this upcoming May!!

Wichita State started their 2014-2015 basketball season on November 8th- (sadly I was not able to attend that first game due to work) but it will be another fun season!

In the middle of November, my family found out that my sister KC and her fiancé Andrew were pregnant with the first grandchild for my family. Looks like in July of 2015 we will be Auntie Ams and Uncle Payden officially. 

Thanksgiving was so much fun, like always. It was nice to spend the evening before with my family playing games and making s’mores and then spending thanksgiving day with his family playing games and hanging out. 

At the end of November, Kayla and I went to see “Little Big Town” in concert, it was such a fun concert!

At the start of December, Amber went to see Kevin Hart live with Tristan and her sister. Such a fun and funny night and then later that week Tristan and Amber went and saw the “So You Think You Can Dance” show. A fun week for our friendship. 

Early in December Kelci and Tim announced that they were having a baby boy! We can't wait to meet baby boy Engle! 

Christmas was so busy yet a lot of fun like always. It is aka at so nice to get some time off to spend with family! 

And we ended the year at a fun NYE party with our friend Eldon and his friends! 


After looking at everything from 2014, we are excited for 2015! Bring on the new year! 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade NuWay Burgers

Family Hand-Me-Downs

Wyatt’s 2nd Birthday!