Wyatt's Birth Story

As mentioned in a previous post I was admitted to the hospital on December 6th and remained there on bed rest until December 10th when my blood pressure kept going up and they decided to induce labor. They induced labor around 10pm and I went through the labor process without an epidural up until the made the decision that we had to continue with a c-section because Wyatt's heart rate started dropping during contractions. So around 7am on the 11th I got an epidural and we headed to the operation room for the c-section. 

The c-section had to be one of the weirdest experiences. I remember every conversation with Payden, our doctor and the nurses but didn't feel anything. Having Payden at my side was the best feeling in the world and Wyatt joined this world and our family officially at 8:47am on December 11th. We weighed 3.6 pounds and was 16 inches long. 

Considering how early he was, Wyatt was sent to the NICU right after birth (I only got to see him for 5 minutes after he was born) so Payden followed him to the NICU while I was getting sewed up and sent back to my room for recovery. 








After the c-section my recovery was very difficult and I ended up staying in the hospital for almost three weeks total and didn't get discharged until Christmas Day. 

I ended up going though another surgery to remove a blood clot the size of a liter on my kidney and bladder. I also had three blood transfusions and two dialysis treatments and ended up with a blood clot in my lungs and fluid on my lungs. It was not an easy process for me but Wyatt was doing great during my stay and improved faster than the doctors originally expected. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade NuWay Burgers

Family Hand-Me-Downs

Wyatt’s 2nd Birthday!